INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
- What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is a small text file that a website, app or other platform stores on your computer, tablet, smartphone or any other similar device, with information about your browsing or use, such as a label that identifies your device. Cookies are necessary, for example, to facilitate navigation and to know the way in which users interact with the platforms, so that they can be improved. They are also very useful to be able to offer advertising according to user preferences, as well as for other purposes that are detailed below. Cookies do not harm your computer or device.
When we talk about “Cookies” we also refer to other similar technologies for installing and/or collecting information on or on your device (such as flash cookies, web beacons or bugs, pixels, HTML5 (local storage), and SDK technologies for app formats. Likewise, the term “Cookies” also applies to the use of fingerprinting techniques, that is, those techniques that combine information that help us identify your device. Sometimes, these technologies work together with cookies to collect and store information, either to provide you with certain features or services on our Platform, or to show you advertising on third-party platforms, taking your browsing into account.
This explanation is a general sample of what is meant by Cookies for informational purposes only. The Cookies that we use specifically are detailed in the cookie settings panel accessible on our Platform.
- What types of Cookies are there?
Please review this section that provides an overview of the types of Cookies that can be used in an online environment.
Depending on the owner of the Cookies, they can be classified as:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s computer or device from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself, and from which the platform or service requested by the user is offered.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s computer or device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
Depending on the purpose of the Cookie, they can be classified as:
- Strictly necessary cookies (technical): These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in them, such as, for example, controlling traffic, identifying data or the session, accessing restricted access sections or content, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, managing payment, controlling fraud linked to the security of the service, using security elements during browsing, making the application for registration or participation in an event, storing content for the broadcasting videos or sound, enabling dynamic content (for example, loading animation of a text or image) or sharing content through social networks. Technical cookies, being strictly necessary, are downloaded by default when they allow the platform to be displayed or the service requested by the user to be provided.
- Functionality or personalization cookies: These cookies are those that allow information to be remembered so that the user accesses the service or platform with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to be displayed when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser used by the user or the region from which the service is accessed, etc. Not accepting these Cookies may cause slow performance of the website or maladaptive recommendations.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the number of users to be quantified, the sections visited on the platform and how they interact with it, in order to carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the use data made by users of the platform or service.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it. These cookies allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included directly or in collaboration with third parties.
- What are Cookies used for on our Platform?
Cookies are an essential part of how our Platform works. The main objective of our Cookies is to make your browsing experience more comfortable and efficient. For example, they are used to remember your preferences (language, country, etc.) during browsing and on future visits. We also use our Cookies to continually improve our services and Platform, as well as to be able to offer personalized advertising based on your browsing habits.
The information collected in the Cookies also allows us to improve our Platform by means of estimates on statistical data and usage patterns (number of visits, most visited sections, visit time, etc.), to know statistically how users interact with the Platform in order to improve our services, as well as to adapt the Platform to your individual interests, the acceleration of searches, etc.
In any case, in the Cookies we use we never store sensitive information such as passwords, credit or debit card details, etc.
In the Cookies configuration panel accessible at all times on our Platform, you can obtain all the information on the Cookies used by this Platform, together with information on the purpose, duration and management (own or by third parties) of each one of them, so that you can manage the activation and deactivation of the use of those Cookies that are not strictly necessary for the Platform to function.
Please keep in mind that both your management of the Cookies configuration panel and your option to reject Cookies is specific to each browser you are using. Therefore, if you choose to set Cookies in one way on one device and you want your choice to apply in a similar way to another device, you will need to activate the same option for that other device.
As an additional step, with respect to third-party Cookies for the purpose of serving interest-based advertising, please note that certain third parties may be members of one of the following online behavioral advertising self-regulatory programs, with corresponding opt-out options:
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)
- Google Analytics
- Who uses the information stored in Cookies?
The information stored in the Cookies of our Platform is used exclusively by us, with the exception of those identified in section 2 as “Third-party Cookies”, which are used and managed by external entities to provide us with services aimed at improving our services and the user experience when browsing our Platform. More information in the Cookies configuration panel accessible at all times on our Platform.